RainXchange Rainwater Harvesting And The Direct Benefits
Serving Fort Worth, Arlington, Decatur, Paradise, Wise County, Texas (TX)
All of Tarrant, Wise & Parker Counties, Western North Texas
Water is quickly becoming an “endangered species” on our blue planet. Urban growth around Tarrant, Wise & Parker Counties, including Paradise, Fort Worth, Arlington & Decatur, Texas areas, increases stormwater runoff, which in turn harms our natural waterways. All life requires water for survival. Learning about the benefits of rainwater harvesting, and the benefits of rainwater itself, and of course… becoming aware of the current state of our environmental condition is the first step in identifying viable solutions to ensure clean and healthy water for future generations.
The RainXchange™ adds the beauty of a water feature to an efficient system for capturing, filtering, and reusing our most precious resource – water! Whether you choose to add a Pondless® Waterfall or bubbling urn to your landscape, you’ll be happy knowing your RainXchange™ System not only looks great, but is beneficial for the environment, too.
Because the water stored in the RainXchange™ System is constantly moving and being aerated, it becomes a sanctuary for wildlife. Birds, frogs, dragonflies and butterflies all flock to water in the landscape. In fact, water is a key component in certified wildlife habitats.
Capturing rainwater to operate a decorative water feature creates true self-sustainability, drastically reducing the need for chemically-treated traditional water sources. The Aquascape Foundation relies on the RainXchange system to be the backbone of their missions to provide children with clean drinking water.
Ease of Use
While you enjoy the benefits of a decorative water feature, the RainXchange™ System filters the stored water to prevent stagnation and growth of unhealthy bacteria. Accessing the stored underground water is easy as connecting a hose to a spigot. A small pump is connected to the stored water making it convenient for you to water the landscape.
Join The “Green Community Movement”
DFW Ponds Inc. was a participating contractor when Aquascape launched the Green Community Movement in 2009 with their “Extreme Green Community Makeover” project in the Chicago suburb of Sugar Grove. We’re passionate about growing this green movement by teaching like-minded folks about sustainable landscaping and its benefit to our environmental surroundings.
Watch Pond Squad Star Ed Beaulieu Breakdown All The Projects
- One inch of rainfall on a 2,000 square foot residential roof generates 1,250 gallons of water that can be reused.
- That same roof in a region receiving 30 inches of annual rainfall generates 41,000 gallons of reusable water.
- The average U.S. household with a 10,000 square foot lot uses up to 3,000 gallons of water weekly for landscape irrigation.
- Running a sprinkler for 2 hours can use up to 500 gallons of water.
- Seventy percent of water used at home is used outdoors.
- 66,175 gallons of water are used outdoors per household, per year.
Start With A Rain Barrel!
Benefits of Reusing Rainwater
Why let good water go to waste when you can reuse it for another purpose? The benefits of harvesting rainwater are numerous, but some of the more prominent advantages include:
- Reduce water bills including city storm sewer charges
- Alleviate demand on municipal systems
- Avoid strict watering schedules
- Improved landscape growth
- Reduce flooding and erosion
- Efficient use of a valuable resource – water